Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Recipe ~ Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

Wanted to experiment new recipe. Hubby flipped through the cook book and he picked this.

All right, this is my first time trying cupcakes with icing. Looking forward to the end products.

The mixture can make abt 20 cupcakes although the cook book mentioned it is for 18 cupcakes.

After 10 mins......

After 20 mins......

Dressed with icing.

Knew that the icing will be very sweet as such I cut down the amount of icing sugar. It was wastful as I only used up abt 2/3 of the icing. I will be mindful in my next trial.

Decorated with chopped Oreo cookies.

Hmm.... not too bad for the first trial. =)

I packed about 13 cupcakes for mother. Brother & sis-in-law love it. Parents said the icing was too sweet and they had removed most of it from the cupcakes.
Verdicts: The icing is still too sweet. The cake itself is soft.
Thinking to apply just a thin layer of icing and decorated with more finely chopped oreo cookies in my next trial.

No comments: